Service Desk Technician
The Service Desk Technician is responsible for handling first level support of service requests in a professional and timely manner. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, Virtualization platforms and vendor specific hardware and software.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Support Virtualization platforms.
- Support of disaster recovery solutions.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, etc.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Enter all work as service tickets in ConnectWise.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Associates/BA/BS, preferably in computer science or a related field.
- 1 year of IT or related experience.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
- Perceived capacity to exude Personal Credibility and Professional Integrity
- Positive attitude, towards people and problems
- Ability to self-start, work independently and achieve high standards to meet multiple deadlines
- Explicitly proficient communicator, including writing, speaking, editing, proofreading and computer skills
- Above-par working capacity, to work in small and large projects with great attention to detail.
- Work effectively with staff in a team-oriented environment with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Adept in developing and maintaining strong relationships with management, staff, vendors and clients.
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism, balanced business judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, in both mundane and highly-sensitive, albeit complex situations.